Examinations and Promotions
Tests and Examinations
For students from Std. L.K.G. to V there are three Evaluaons and for Std. VI to XII there are three Term Examinaon and three Unit Test. These tests and examinaons form an integral part of the .School assessment policy.
If a student fails to appear in a test, he /she will not be awarded any marks and the result will be calculated accordingly. No excepon will be made in any case. No re-test will be conducted either.
In addion, a connuous assessment of the pupil is carried out throughout the academic session to evaluate his / her performance in day-to-day academic and extra-curricular areas. Hence, the importance of regularity in aendance and work is mandatory.
Staonery for Examinaon (Std I-XII):
Parents should provide their child/ward with the following staonery.
- For all subjects: A pencil, eraser, scale, sharpener, fountain pens, blong paper, geometry box, colour pencils.
- For Drawing: A crayon box (Std. I, II and III), colours, brushes, colour palee and a container (Std. IV and above).
- (No borrowing and lending of staonery will be permied during the exams)
A student who uses unfair means during tests/examinaon will be given zero in the subject; will not be allowed to answer the remaining paper. Repeon of the same will result in dismissal.
1. Promoon from one standard to another is made at the end of the School academic year basis of the child's performance throughout the year. The aggregate of the complete year is taken into consideraon for promoon as well as for the purpose of grading. It also depends upon:
- Regularity in aendance
- Regularity and quality of day-to-day parcipaon in the class.
- Written work and projects assigned by the subject teachers.
- Discipline records.
2. To be eligible for promoon, the child must secure atleast 40% in the aggregate in each subject
3. Absence during any exam/test may debar a pupil from being promoted even if he/she manage to secure the minimum pass percentage.
4. The following criteria will be taken into account for promoon of students.
Students failing in 3 subjects or more in the aggregate will be detained irrespecve of their total percentage. In case of failure in only one subject, other than language, a minimum of 30% is required in the subject the child has failed. In case of failure in two subjects a minimum of 35% is required in each of these subjects.
From I to V
Students failing in 2 subjects or more in the aggregate will be detained irrespecve of their total percentage. In case of failure in only one subject, other than language, a minimum of 30% is required in the subject the child has failed, in case of language the minimum percentage is 35%.
From VI to VII
Student must secure an aggregate of 40% in each of the subjects to be promoted to the next class.
From VIII to XII
5. In case a pupil is absent in a subject or an examinaon he/she will not be re-examined under any circumstances. In such cases, promoon depends upon the examinaons they have already appeared in and the whole years performance.
6. Absence from one or more subjects involves a loss of marks for these subject and excludes the pupil from being reckoned in order of merit in the examinaon and from a merit cerﬁcate
7. Promoons are decided at the teacher's council hence results are ﬁnal and will not be reconsidered.
8. The answer-script of the Final Exam, will neither be shown to students nor to the parents. However in special cases, the principal may permit to review the ﬁnal exam answer sheet upon payment of Rs. 100/-per subject in school oﬃce along with the wrien applicaon within three days of the declaraon of results Subsequently, no such plea shall not be associated in the process. The decision of the Principal is competent to adopt any procedure he seem ﬁt. In any of the circumstances answer-script will not be issued/shown to the applicant.